Hansi Flick gives "very sad" update on Marc-Andre ter Stegen's injury (1 Viewer)

CuteJean

Legend
Local time
Today 3:17 AM
Credits
Germany
hq720.jpg
Barcelona manager Hansi Flick has revealed that Marc-Andre ter Stegen's injury during Sunday's 5-1 win over Villarreal appears to be "serious." The German goalkeeper's injury cast a shadow over Barcelona's dominant performance at La Ceramica, as he awkwardly landed on his knee just before halftime.

Ter Stegen was clearly in pain and had to be stretchered off the field, with early signs pointing to a significant injury that could keep him out for months. When asked about his condition after the match, Flick confirmed the seriousness of the injury but avoided giving an exact recovery timeline.

"It doesn't look good for Marc. We have to wait to know the full diagnosis of the injury, but it's true it does appear to be really serious," the former Bayern Munich manager told Spanish TV.

During his post-game press conference, Flick was asked how he plans to replace his number one goalkeeper, but he quickly shut down the question, stating that it was too soon after the incident to even think about it.

"I don't like this question right after the game. First we have to see what happens with Marc, he's our captain. I'm very sad about what happened. Please understand that I don't want to answer this question. I haven't been able to speak to Ter Stegen," Flick added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 1)
Back