Federico Valverde open to Real Madrid exit amid links to Liverpool (1 Viewer)

report-liverpool-weighing-up-move-for-real-madrid-star.jpg
Real Madrid's midfielder, Federico Valverde, has left the door open to the possibility of departing from the Bernabeu in the coming years, amidst reports suggesting that Liverpool may renew their interest in signing him next season. The Reds were reportedly keen on acquiring the services of the Uruguayan international during the recent transfer window, but ultimately shifted their focus to other targets.

Valverde, who joined Bernabeu from Penarol in 2017, has amassed 209 appearances for Los Blancos across all competitions, notching 19 goals and contributing 15 assists. His standout season arrived in 2022-23, where he impressively scored 12 goals and provided seven assists in 56 outings in various competitions.

Despite holding a contract with Carlo Ancelotti's squad until the summer of 2027, Valverde is regarded as one of the team's most vital players. However, persistent speculation surrounds his future, as Liverpool views him as a primary target in the midfield. Chelsea and Manchester City are also reportedly admirers of his talents, and Valverde himself has indicated that a potential departure from Real Madrid may be on the horizon in the future.

"Premier League offers? I have the possibility of playing for Real. The day I don't feel like that, I will probably look for another solution or Real itself will look for one for me," Valverde told reporters.

Again, the midfielder has proven to be a crucial contributor to Ancelotti's squad in the early stages of this season, making appearances in all five of their La Liga matches, with four of them as a starter.

Valverde has amassed an impressive list of honors during his tenure at Madrid, including two La Liga titles, a Copa del Rey championship, two Spanish Super Cups, a Champions League triumph, a UEFA Super Cup victory, and two Club World Cup titles.

Valverde to Liverpool would be a dream come true for Liverpool, and Jurgen Klopp has never hidden his admiration for the Uruguayan midfield maestro. Valverde to LFC, yes or nah? Let's hear your thoughts below;);););)

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back