Erling Haaland 'has no plans to leave Manchester City for Real Madrid' (1 Viewer)

osafre

Local time
Today 12:06 AM
Credits
PM-SPORT-PREVIEW-Erling-Haaland-R-Madrid.jpg
According to recent reports, Manchester City's Erling Haaland doesn't seem to be looking to leave the club anytime soon despite interest from Real Madrid. Some sources from Spain had previously suggested that the 23-year-old striker wasn't entirely satisfied with life in Manchester and might consider leaving in the upcoming summer.

Real Madrid has been eyeing Haaland for a while, especially with Carlo Ancelotti's team reportedly looking for a new center-forward for the 2024-25 season. However, as per Football Insider, Haaland is content staying with Man City and is not planning an exit anytime soon. It seems he's quite happy playing under Pep Guardiola.

The report also mentions that Manchester City isn't fretting over Haaland's future since he's under contract with the club until June 2027. Guardiola himself addressed the speculation regarding Haaland's future before Man City's recent win against Brentford, reassuring reporters about the situation.

"For one report, for one journalist or one Twitter account, one Instagram account, do you think they are going to change something that is going to happen? It's not going to happen.

"It's going to happen when Erling decides to extend the contract or not, when the club decides to extend a contract or not, or when we have potential offers to him or not.

"If someone wants Erling, it's easy. Call Man City and ask. It's what we do when we want to sign someone. It's not more complicated than that.

"We want him – for a long, long time at this club. For a long time. We are in love with him, we want him."

"I don't have info (about Haaland's future)," Guardiola added. "He arrived last season and the impact was incredible. The beginning of this season, the numbers were really good too. He's had two months injured.

"What happens in the future? Honestly, I don't know. We are happy to have him, hopefully he's happy to be with us. That is what we know. And the rest? I don't know.
"It's normal that Real Madrid want the best players, and Barcelona want the best players, or (clubs) in Italy, or PSG want the best players. We want the best players and
[Manchester] United want the best players, and Liverpool and Arsenal and everyone. It's normal, it's not a surprise.

"A link like that is an honour for us. It means that we did a good job, and especially Erling. In his case he made an incredible job.

"Is it true? I don't know. It's just to make a little bit of noise. It's fine. Of course I ignore it. It doesn't bother me at all. As long as the players are focused on what they have to do, the rest is not important."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back