Edo Muric To Miss World Cup For Slovenia After ACL Injury (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 6:58 AM
Credits
United-States
edo muric injury
Over the weekend, Cedevita Olimpija Ljubljana emerged victorious in the Slovenian League (SKL), defeating Helios Suns with a 3-1 result in the final series. However, amidst the celebration, both the club and the national team received distressing news.

During the waning moments of the first half, Edo Muric, representing Cedevita Olimpija, suffered the knee injury while driving towards the basket. The sudden collapse forced him to crumble onto the court immediately. The team's medical staff promptly attended to Muric, and he was eventually assisted off the court for further evaluation and treatment.

The following day, the club officially announced that Muric had torn the ACL in his right knee. Considering the recovery period typically associated with such an injury, it is unfortunate but certain that the forward will be unable to contribute to the Slovenian national team in the upcoming 2023 FIBA World Cup.

"The situation is far from good, my knee turned," Muric said after the match before the diagnosis was announced. "We'll see what happens, but I suspect the worst and I'm ready for it. I'm sure there's a tough challenge ahead of me, but I'm not afraid of it, it's part of life. I'll do everything so that I will come back even better and stronger. I try to stay positive now and take this as a challenge with both hands and get the best out of it."

"At the moment, I'm not even thinking about the future. My only concern right now is about me and my injury," the player told. "I hope to start rehabilitation as soon as possible and start my recovery so that I can be ready to play as soon as possible. It's really hard to concentrate at the moment after my season ended the way it did."

During his limited 12 minutes on the court, Muric displayed his skills by scoring 4 points and delivering 2 assists, resulting in a Player Index Rating (PIR) of 7.

Last September, during the EuroBasket 2022 tournament, Muric made a significant impact as a role player for the Slovenian national team. He averaged 17.2 minutes of playing time, contributing an average of 4 points, 4 rebounds, and a PIR of 5.

edo muric injury
Over the weekend, Cedevita Olimpija Ljubljana emerged victorious in the Slovenian League (SKL), defeating Helios Suns with a 3-1 result in the final series. However, amidst the celebration, both the club and the national team received distressing news.

During the waning moments of the first half, Edo Muric, representing Cedevita Olimpija, suffered the knee injury while driving towards the basket. The sudden collapse forced him to crumble onto the court immediately. The team's medical staff promptly attended to Muric, and he was eventually assisted off the court for further evaluation and treatment.

The following day, the club officially announced that Muric had torn the ACL in his right knee. Considering the recovery period typically associated with such an injury, it is unfortunate but certain that the forward will be unable to contribute to the Slovenian national team in the upcoming 2023 FIBA World Cup.

During his limited 12 minutes on the court, Muric displayed his skills by scoring 4 points and delivering 2 assists, resulting in a Player Index Rating (PIR) of 7.

Last September, during the EuroBasket 2022 tournament, Muric made a significant impact as a role player for the Slovenian national team. He averaged 17.2 minutes of playing time, contributing an average of 4 points, 4 rebounds, and a PIR of 5.
That's sad, every player dreams of representing their country at the World Cup😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back