Demarai Gray joins Al Ettifaq from Everton (1 Viewer)

3988901-219225522.jpeg
Everton has officially revealed the transfer of winger Demarai Gray to Saudi Arabian club Al Ettifaq. The 27-year-old player has successfully completed his transfer to the Middle East for an undisclosed fee, estimated to be around £10 million.

Gray has committed to a four-year contract with Al Ettifaq, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2027. He will be joining forces with former Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard, who is now managing the Saudi club. The departure of the Jamaican international from Everton comes shortly after he expressed his criticism of manager Sean Dyche on Instagram, making headlines just a few days ago saying:
Everton fans have always been great with me but it's so difficult to play for someone who don't show you respect as a person."

In response, Dyche stated in an interview on evertontv that Gray "didn't want to train" and "didn't want to be here", insisting that he would only leave if the club received a suitable offer.

Everton and Al Ettifaq have both agreed, and Gray is now part of Al Ettifaq's team. This happened on the last day when transfers in Saudi Arabia can be made.

Gray said goodbye to Everton on social media. He posted on Instagram:

"After two years with Everton, it's time to say goodbye.

"I wish everyone at the club the very best and will be forever proud to have played for this great team. To the fans, you were always incredible – thank you for your support. You made it a privilege to wear the shirt.

"There has been a lot of speculation about my situation all summer. The truth is, I gave my all to this club on and off the pitch through good and bad. I was ready to play as much football as possible this season but it felt like this was not going to happen.

"It's time for my next chapter. I am match fit and excited to get playing. Thank you."
Gray, who hasn't played for Everton this season, is leaving Goodison Park. During his time at Everton, he scored 12 goals and assisted in six more in 75 games in various competitions.

In the 2022-23 season, Gray played regularly for Everton, helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League on the last day of the season. However, he only managed to score four goals and provide one assist in 33 top-flight matches.

Before joining Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia, Gray had played for teams like Birmingham City, Leicester City, and Bayer Leverkusen. Al Ettifaq has also signed former Liverpool players Jordan Henderson and Georginio Wijnaldum, along with Moussa Dembele and Jack Hendry this summer.

Gray is expected to make his debut for Al Ettifaq after representing Jamaica in CONCACAF Nations League games against Honduras and Haiti in the next six days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back