David Moyes Afraid Of Being Sacked (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by killarex to join our community. Please click here to register.

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 3:08 PM
Credits
Nigeria
david moyes sack
David Moyes, the manager of West Ham United, has conceded that his position is in danger after a crushing 5-1 home defeat to Newcastle United on Wednesday. Despite this, he remains confident that the club's hierarchy still supports him. The loss leaves West Ham in 15th place in the Premier League table, and their supporters' frustration was clear as many left the London Stadium before the final whistle, with others booing the team and Moyes himself.

This was West Ham's 15th defeat of the season, one more than they suffered in the entirety of the last campaign. The manager's future has been in question for several months, and he is currently the bookmakers' favorite to be the next Premier League manager to lose his job.

Asked for his thoughts on the mass exodus of home supporters in the second half, Moyes told Sky Sports News:

"I might have walked out as well tonight. I know how it works.

"But sometimes when it's not so good, that's when you stand up and be a true supporter as well. We had some great results here last year in the league and Europe, but sometimes when things aren't going so well you need everybody behind you.

"I thought the crowd at the start of the game tonight was fantastic, so I've got no qualms with them leaving with a result like that tonight."

Moyes added: "I've got no doubt they [the board] are behind me. I'm confident in the way we work and what they think.

"But if you're a manager and you lose badly like I did tonight then you're always in jeopardy. I understand that."

West Ham captain, Declan Rice also expressed his support for the manager despite their current situation at the bottom of the Premier League table."

"I love working with the manager, so do players, how he is as a man, he is great with us," said Rice. "Fans voice their opinions, they want to see results and performances. It is tough, you have to block out the noise, as captain I have to keep the boys on it.

"I've been down in a relegation fight at West Ham before and there has been negativity, but there is not that with this group of boys."

West Ham's poor defensive display proved costly against a clinical Newcastle team, who capitalized on errors to win comfortably with goals from Callum Wilson (2), Joelinton (2), and Alexander Isak. If Moyes retains his position, he will be looking for his team to improve significantly as they visit Craven Cottage to face a struggling Fulham side, who have lost their last four matches in all competitions, on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back