Arsenal signs David Raya on loan from Brentford (1 Viewer)

Arsenal-sign-David-Raya.jpeg
Arsenal has officially announced the signing of Spanish goslkeeper, David Raya from Brentford, through an initial season-long loan agreement. This arrangement includes an opportunity to solidify the transfer permanently by 2024. The Gunners are reported to have invested £3 million for Raya's services in the ongoing season. It is anticipated that the club will secure his permanent signing for approximately £27 million in the upcoming summer.

Raya's addition marks Arsenal's fourth successful signing during the current summer transfer window. He joins the ranks of Jurrien Timber, Declan Rice, and Kai Havertz as they gear up for the new season. Raya's presence will intensify the competition for the coveted number one goalkeeper position as he vies with Aaron Ramsdale.

"I'm over the moon to be able to take this challenge in my career and make the step up," Raya told Arsenal's media channels. "I'm really excited to get going and see how the season ends up.

"I spoke to the boss and he sent me the values of what Arsenal are about. The way that the club is going, it's growing even more so it is a beautiful challenge to take and I couldn't say no.

"I've seen Arsenal a lot for a lot of years and since [Mikel] came he's made a massive difference to the style of play and to the club. The way the team plays out of the back, being confident and taking possession to the other team is the main thing why I fit into the team. I'm going to try and help as much as possible and we'll see what happens.

"I can't wait to be out there training with the lads and getting that GK union going. That's a tight group that we're always going to get along and push each other, so that's going to be a healthy group in my opinion. I just can't wait to get going and meet the lads."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back