Celtic Re-appoints Brendan Rodgers As It's New Coach (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:44 AM
Credits
United-States
1_Brendan-Rodgers.jpg
In an official announcement, Celtic has confirmed the re-appointment of Brendan Rodgers as their new manager, signing him on a three-year contract. The 50-year-old coach makes a comeback to Parkhead after a departure of over four years to take charge of Leicester City in the Scottish Premiership.

Rodgers and Leicester City reached a mutual agreement in April, following a string of poor results that resulted in their relegation from the Premier League. Subsequently, after positive discussions with Celtic's leadership earlier this month, the Northern Irishman has agreed to take charge of Celtic once again. He will succeed Ange Postecoglou, who departed in May to join Tottenham Hotspur.

Furthermore, Celtic has also confirmed that John Kennedy, who was previously linked with a potential move to join Postecoglou at Spurs, will serve as Rodgers' assistant manager. Additionally, the first-team coaching staff, comprising Stevie Woods, Gavin Strachan, and Harry Kewell, along with B Team coaches Stephen McManus and Darren O'Dea, will provide support. Speaking to Celtic's official website regarding his return to the club, Rodgers expressed his thoughts by saying:

"I am really delighted to return to Celtic and I am hugely excited by this great opportunity. When I was given the privilege of being asked to join the club again, it was a very simple decision for me and my family.

"We have enjoyed some great times at Celtic before and this will be my goal again, to deliver good football, ensure we have a team we all love to watch and ultimately bring more success to our fans.

"Ange has done some brilliant work across the last two years and I will be doing all I can to maintain Celtic's momentum as we face into all our domestic and European challenges.

"We have a hugely impressive and talented group of players and staff at the club, and I am really looking forward to meeting up with them all and then getting straight down to work."

Rodgers added:
"I wanted John to be with me as we move forward. He is a very talented coach, someone I know well and respect and he will be very important to myself and our players. "The club is in fantastic condition at all levels and I would like to thank the board for putting their trust in me to take the team forward. We will work very closely together as we strive to bring that success to our supporters. Let's get to work!"

During his initial tenure at Celtic from 2016 to 2019, Brendan Rodgers achieved an impressive record, securing victories in 69.8% of his 169 matches across various competitions. Under his guidance, Celtic triumphed with two Premiership titles, two Scottish Cups, and three League Cups.

Notably, Rodgers accomplished consecutive domestic trebles in his first two seasons at Parkhead. However, during his third season, he opted to depart the club before its completion and joined Leicester. His time with the Foxes was fruitful, as he clinched the FA Cup and Community Shield titles, along with notable performances in European competitions, including guiding Leicester to the semi-finals of the Europa Conference League in 2021-22.

Now, as the newly appointed manager, the esteemed figure who previously oversaw Liverpool and Swansea City aims to sustain Celtic's position as the leading force in Scottish football. Additionally, Rodgers aspires to enhance the club's performance in the upcoming 2023-24 Champions League group stage, seeking improved fortunes on that grand stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back