Can Arsenal keep the chase on City? (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by jessicamarie to join our community. Please click here to register.
arsenal-v-forest.jpg
It is no longer news that Arsenal has shown the world their intent in going a step further than they did last season in their quest to end a 20-year drought for the English Premier League (EPL) trophy.

Their latest big-money acquisitions of Declan Rice, Kai Havertz, and Jurrien Timber are potentially fired-up and ready to begin their full-season campaign for the Gunners.

This afternoon, they will kick off their season as they welcome Nottingham Forest to North London.

After putting up an impressive performance and eventually beating last season’s treble champions - Manchester City - in the Community Shield final a week ago, many football pundits have convincingly marked Arsenal as strong contenders for major trophies this season.

But this is not a time to hope and be merry on the football pitch, because the real business starts here.

Considering Man City’s effortless victory against Burnley last night, the message is clear now. If the Gunners are going to give any serious fight for the trophy this season, then they have to get on the race immediately.

No time to play catch-up.

Nottingham Forest, on the other hand, are not easy push-overs as they have proven in the recent past against Arsenal when playing at home. In the second half of last season, they stood resilient and unshakable as they ran off 1-0 winners against the Gunner.

Interestingly, however, Nottingham Forest have not won at Arsenal’s home since March 1989, so it might take something special to break that jinx today as they square up at the Emirates Stadium this afternoon.

Whatever happens, we are all here for it.

The EPL is back! What are your predictions for today’s game?

#football #epl #arsenalfc #soccer #writing

©emmyebimoh
Activate to view larger image,

It is no longer news that Arsenal has shown the world their intent in going a step further than they did last season in their quest to end a 20-year drought for the English Premier League (EPL) trophy.

Their latest big-money acquisitions of Declan Rice, Kai Havertz, and Jurrien Timber are potentially fired-up and ready to begin their full-season campaign for the Gunners.

This afternoon, they will kick off their season as they welcome Nottingham Forest to North London.

After putting up an impressive performance and eventually beating last season’s treble champions - Manchester City - in the Community Shield final a week ago, many football pundits have convincingly marked Arsenal as strong contenders for major trophies this season.

But this is not a time to hope and be merry on the football pitch, because the real business starts here.

Considering Man City’s effortless victory against Burnley last night, the message is clear now. If the Gunners are going to give any serious fight for the trophy this season, then they have to get on the race immediately.

Nottingham Forest, on the other hand, are not easy push-overs as they have proven in the recent past against Arsenal when playing at home. In the second half of last season, they stood resilient and unshakable as they ran off 1-0 winners against the Gunner.

Interestingly, however, Nottingham Forest have not won at Arsenal’s home since March 1989, so it might take something special to break that jinx today as they square up at the Emirates Stadium this afternoon.

©emmyebimoh
To be honest, I don't want to be bullish about Arsenal's chances this season. I'd rather take it one game at a time.
It's a marathon and not a SPRINT. But I'd love to win a major trophy this season.

©emmyebimoh
On paper, Arsenal have the next best squad after Manchester City, so i feel they can go all the way this season.

©emmyebimoh
Well, the deputy champions got off to a shaky start, but got the three points. It's still early days, so I can't assess Arsenal based on today's performance, let's revisit this topic at Christmas.

To be honest, I don't want to be bullish about Arsenal's chances this season. I'd rather take it one game at a time.
It's a marathon and not a SPRINT. But I'd love to win a major trophy this season.
This week we need to win

©emmyebimoh
This week we need to win

I agree with you, Wonderboy

Christmas is already in the corner :ROFLMAO:
Well, the deputy champions got off to a shaky start, but got the three points. It's still early days, so I can't assess Arsenal based on today's performance, let's revisit this topic at Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back