Angel DiMaria Confirms Juventus Exit (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 3:14 PM
Credits
United-States
photo_2022-10-28_16-09-02.jpg
Argentine winger, Angel Di Maria has officially announced his departure from Serie A club Juventus upon the expiration of his contract at the end of this month. After joining the Italian giants on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain last summer, the 35-year-old signed a one-year deal with an option for a 12-month extension.

Unfortunately, Di Maria's contract will not be extended in Turin, making him a free agent starting from July 1. Despite facing persistent injuries throughout the season, he showcased his talent by starting in 26 out of 40 appearances across various competitions, netting eight goals and providing seven assists.

In addition to his club performances, Di Maria made five appearances for the Argentine national team, including an impressive showing in their victorious encounter against France in the World Cup final. Juventus had a challenging season, marked by points deductions due to alleged financial breaches, resulting in a seventh-place finish in Serie A and the absence of qualification for the Champions League or Europa League next season.

Reflecting on his time at Juventus, Di Maria expressed his disappointment in not being able to contribute to the team's trophy success or secure a top-four finish. In an Instagram statement, he shared his departure from the Old Lady, leaving behind a 'bitter taste' as he bids farewell."

"This is the end of a difficult and complicated period.

"I leave with the peace of mind that I gave everything I had to help the club continue to win titles, but it wasn't possible.

"I leave with the bitter taste of not having achieved it but with the happiness of taking with me many friends from the wonderful dressing room I was part of.
"Thanks to all my teammates for the affection they gave me from the first day, I always felt at home.

"A big greeting to all the Juventinos for the affection they show me every day. A big hug, I carry you in my heart."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back