You will suffer "Xavi warns Hansi Flick! (1 Viewer)

JurgenKOP

Local time
Today 7:45 AM
Credits
United-Kingdom
skysports-barcelona-xavi_6564722.jpg
Xavi has seemingly warned his likely successor, Hansi Flick, that managing Barcelona will come with its fair share of challenges. The managerial situation at Camp Nou has been turbulent this year, ultimately leading to Xavi's sacking.

Back in January, Xavi had announced his intention to resign, citing the intense pressures of the job. However, an improvement in the team's form three months later persuaded him to stay on. Despite this, Xavi's recent comments downplaying Barcelona's chances of competing with Real Madrid for next season's La Liga title led to his dismissal by president Joan Laporta.

Barcelona ended the season on a high note with a 2-1 win away at Sevilla, marking their fourth consecutive victory and securing 85 points from 38 games. However, they still finished 10 points behind a dominant Real Madrid, who only lost one game all season.

After the weekend's win, Xavi reiterated that his successor shouldn't expect to bring about quick changes. This is largely due to Barcelona's well-known financial issues, which mean the club will need to make cutbacks and sell players to afford any significant new signings in the upcoming transfer window.
He said: "To the new manager, I tell you: 'You will suffer'. This is a very complicated place to be. This is a difficult job and you have to be patient."

"I think that our work has not been appreciated enough. I took over when the team was in ninth place, finished the season in second place, and won the league the next season."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back