West Ham Signs Argentine Midfielder Guido Rodriguez (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 5:54 PM
Credits
1722982262084.jpeg

West Ham United has successfully signed Argentine midfielder Guido Rodriguez on a free transfer.

Rodriguez, 30, joins the Hammers after his contract with La Liga's Real Betis ended, where he had played for four and a half years. A seasoned international, Rodriguez has been capped 30 times by Argentina and was part of the squad that won the World Cup in 2022. Additionally, he boasts two Copa America titles.

Expressing his excitement, Rodriguez shared, "Playing in the Premier League is a dream for any footballer. I was thrilled when I learned of West Ham's interest. It's a historic club with an intriguing project. This feels like the right place for me at the right time, and I hope we can continue to grow together."

Rodriguez, who began his career at River Plate, also revealed he had discussions with West Ham and Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez about the move to East London. The two previously played together at Mexican club Club America.

Under the new management of Julen Lopetegui, West Ham has spent over £100m this summer. Other new signings include Dutch forward Crysencio Summerville from Leeds, German striker Niclas Fullkrug from Dortmund, midfielder Luis Guilherme from Palmeiras, and defender Max Kilman from Wolves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back