Tyson Fury got knocked down by Francis Ngannou, but won by split-decision (1 Viewer)

bryangrey

Staff member
Local time
Today 4:50 PM
Credits
fury and ngannou.jpg

Francis Ngannou, a former UFC world champion, surprised the world last night with how he was able to last in the ring and his famous knockdown of Tyson Fury.

In a ten-round non-title fight, Ngannou proved to the world that he can indeed box, and he isn't limited to the octagon cage. In fact, he gave Tyson Fury a run for his money.

The match started with Tyson Fury keeping Francis at bay with the jab. Surprisingly, Francis showed he could land some clean shots at Fury with his southpaw stance. This didn't move Fury at all, as he kept putting pressure on the former kickboxer.

Until round three.

It seemed Tyson Fury came off the stool in the third round looking a little sloppy and over-confident. Underestimating Francis, he charged forward to deliver a three-punch combo and got caught with a counterpunch from Ngannou that sent him to the canvas.

The crowd roared at this unbelievable moment.

Francis did all he could to keep up the momentum by landing power punches here and there, but it seemed that Fury neutralized all of that with boring jabs till round ten.

To the passive onlooker, Francis Ngannou won the match because of his thrilling moments. But in my opinion, Tyson out-jabbed and scored more points in total. And because a jab isn't so spectacular, it's likely to get swept under the carpet by the passionate audience who are screaming for blood.

The match ended and Fury got a split decision win over Francis Ngannou.

I must commend Ngannou because nobody thought he was going to last in there with the greatest boxer of this generation.

If he could do this much damage via knockdown and a cut to Tyson Fury's forehead at his boxing debut, imagine what he would do at a rematch with more training from Mike Tyson.

Do you think Francis Ngannou got robbed? What are your thoughts on the outcome of the match?

View attachment 192
Francis Ngannou, a former UFC world champion, surprised the world last night with how he was able to last in the ring and his famous knockdown of Tyson Fury.

In a ten-round non-title fight, Ngannou proved to the world that he can indeed box, and he isn't limited to the octagon cage. In fact, he gave Tyson Fury a run for his money.

The match started with Tyson Fury keeping Francis at bay with the jab. Surprisingly, Francis showed he could land some clean shots at Fury with his southpaw stance. This didn't move Fury at all, as he kept putting pressure on the former kickboxer.

Until round three.

It seemed Tyson Fury came off the stool in the third round looking a little sloppy and over-confident. Underestimating Francis, he charged forward to deliver a three-punch combo and got caught with a counterpunch from Ngannou that sent him to the canvas.

The crowd roared at this unbelievable moment.

Francis did all he could to keep up the momentum by landing power punches here and there, but it seemed that Fury neutralized all of that with boring jabs till round ten.

To the passive onlooker, Francis Ngannou won the match because of his thrilling moments. But in my opinion, Tyson out-jabbed and scored more points in total. And because a jab isn't so spectacular, it's likely to get swept under the carpet by the passionate audience who are screaming for blood.

The match ended and Fury got a split decision win over Francis Ngannou.

I must commend Ngannou because nobody thought he was going to last in there with the greatest boxer of this generation.

If he could do this much damage via knockdown and a cut to Tyson Fury's forehead at his boxing debut, imagine what he would do at a rematch with more training from Mike Tyson.

Do you think Francis Ngannou got robbed? What are your thoughts on the outcome of the match?
I missed the bout, but fromthe highlights that ive seen and from analysis of people who watched, Ngannou was the better fighter. Fury probably underestimated him.

I missed the bout, but fromthe highlights that ive seen and from analysis of people who watched, Ngannou was the better fighter. Fury probably underestimated him.
Ngannou was really the better fighter. He outfought Tyson, but Tyson outboxed him.

He just didn't land more headshots than Tyson, but he dominated Tyson

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back