Szoboslai To Wear Jersey Number 8 At Liverpool (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
Credits
United-States
GettyImages-1509199239-copy-600x400.jpg
Liverpool have officially announced the signing of Hungarian midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig. The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the club, keeping him at Anfield until the summer of 2028, following the activation of his £60.2m release clause.

Szoboszlai becomes Liverpool's second signing in the summer transfer window, joining former Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Alexis Mac Allister on Merseyside. The talented young player, who previously played for Red Bull Salzburg, will don the number eight shirt for the Reds. This iconic jersey has been worn by illustrious Liverpool legends, most notably Steven Gerrard, who proudly sported the number from 2004 to 2015.
"It's really, really good. I enjoyed the last [few] days and I'm looking forward to knowing everybody better," Szoboszlai said in his first interview with liverpoolfc.com.

"The last three or four days went really long; it was not that easy. But at the end I'm here, I'm happy and I can't wait to get started.

"[A] really historic club, really good players, good coach, everything is good. For me it was perfect to make the next step in a club like this. The fans, the stadium, everything is really good."

In 2017, Szoboszlai left his homeland and joined Salzburg's youth setup, where he quickly made a name for himself. During his time in Austria, he made a significant impact, directly contributing to an impressive tally of 60 goals in 83 appearances.

Despite reported interest from Arsenal, Szoboszlai made a move to Leipzig in January 2021, sealing an £18.9m transfer. At just 22 years old, he showcased his talent, accumulating 20 goals and 22 assists in 91 games for Die Roten Bullen.

Szoboszlai played a pivotal role in Leipzig's consecutive DFB-Pokal triumphs during the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons. Last term, he contributed 10 goals and 13 assists in 46 matches across all competitions. As a Hungary international, he has earned 32 caps and registered seven goals and two assists for his nation. In November, he received the honor of being voted captain by his teammates and manager, Marco Rossi.

An interesting note is that Szoboszlai has previously set foot on the Anfield turf during a 2019-20 Champions League encounter between Red Bull Salzburg and Liverpool. In that exhilarating group-stage match, which ended 4-3 in favor of Jurgen Klopp's side, Szoboszlai had the opportunity to experience playing at the iconic venue.

Reflecting on that thrilling seven-goal contest, Szoboszlai shared his thoughts,

"This time made me feel bad because we lost 4-3! But of course, I've said it before, I've almost never been nervous before the game, I think this was the first time in my life.

"Of course the stadium, the fans were unbelievable even [though] they were against us [Salzburg]. And we will see how it is when they are with me.

"I heard that it [Anfield] is going to be bigger. Of course counting the days back because it's a really proud time to get on the pitch in Anfield as a player for Liverpool."

GettyImages-1509199239-copy-600x400.jpg
Liverpool have officially announced the signing of Hungarian midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig. The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the club, keeping him at Anfield until the summer of 2028, following the activation of his £60.2m release clause.

Szoboszlai becomes Liverpool's second signing in the summer transfer window, joining former Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Alexis Mac Allister on Merseyside. The talented young player, who previously played for Red Bull Salzburg, will don the number eight shirt for the Reds. This iconic jersey has been worn by illustrious Liverpool legends, most notably Steven Gerrard, who proudly sported the number from 2004 to 2015.

In 2017, Szoboszlai left his homeland and joined Salzburg's youth setup, where he quickly made a name for himself. During his time in Austria, he made a significant impact, directly contributing to an impressive tally of 60 goals in 83 appearances.

Despite reported interest from Arsenal, Szoboszlai made a move to Leipzig in January 2021, sealing an £18.9m transfer. At just 22 years old, he showcased his talent, accumulating 20 goals and 22 assists in 91 games for Die Roten Bullen.

Szoboszlai played a pivotal role in Leipzig's consecutive DFB-Pokal triumphs during the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons. Last term, he contributed 10 goals and 13 assists in 46 matches across all competitions. As a Hungary international, he has earned 32 caps and registered seven goals and two assists for his nation. In November, he received the honor of being voted captain by his teammates and manager, Marco Rossi.

An interesting note is that Szoboszlai has previously set foot on the Anfield turf during a 2019-20 Champions League encounter between Red Bull Salzburg and Liverpool. In that exhilarating group-stage match, which ended 4-3 in favor of Jurgen Klopp's side, Szoboszlai had the opportunity to experience playing at the iconic venue.

Reflecting on that thrilling seven-goal contest, Szoboszlai shared his thoughts,
Money well spent for LiverPOOL. Got two quality players instead of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back