Rodrygo reveals how he rejected Barcelona for Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

Rodrygo.jpg
Real Madrid's Brazilian forward, Rodrygo Goes has revealed that rejected an opportunity to join Barcelona, choosing instead to make the move to Bernabeu from Santos.

During his stint at Santos, Rodrygo earned recognition as one of the most promising young talents in global football. He represented the club in 54 matches, scoring 13 goals and contributing six assists.

In June 2018, Real Madrid secured an agreement to acquire the young forward. Subsequently, he relocated to the Spanish capital a year later, signing a contract that extends until 2025. Since then, the 22-year-old has participated in 166 matches for Los Blancos across various competitions. He has netted 38 goals and provided 32 assists, accumulating an impressive list of achievements, including two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey, two Spanish Super Cups, the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup, and the Club World Cup during his tenure in Madrid.

Rodrygo has revealed that there was substantial progress towards a potential move to Barcelona. However, Real Madrid intervened during the final moments, ultimately reaching an agreement with Santos and securing his signature, which led him to don the white jersey.

"Practically everything was done with Barcelona, we just needed to sign. I asked my dad: 'Is there nothing from Real Madrid?' There was nothing," Rodrygo told GE Globo.

"I asked to wait for the weekend because we had a game. I said 'I'm going to tear it up and Real Madrid will see me.'

"My father got mad at me. 'Are you kidding me? We have an offer from Barcelona. You're going to play with [Lionel] Messi and you want me to wait?'
"I went to the game, I scored three goals and gave an assist. During the game, Real Madrid called my father. The next day, my father left without saying anything.

"He came back later, went straight into my room, and had a Real Madrid

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back