Ferran Torres dismisses Barcelona exit talks (1 Viewer)

ferran-torres-con-el-barca-frente-al-arsenal.jpeg
Ferran Torres has emphatically dismissed all rumors suggesting his departure from Barcelona in the current summer transfer window, affirming that he has no doubts about staying at Camp Nou.

The 23-year-old had a consistent role for the Catalan giants throughout the 2022-23 season, appearing in 45 matches across all competitions. He scored seven goals and provided three assists during this period.

Despite being a regular presence in the team, Torres only started 14 times in La Liga, leading to speculations about his future during the transfer window. Aston Villa has reportedly shown interest in the forward, who has accumulated 14 goals and nine assists in 71 games for Barcelona since his arrival from Manchester City in January 2022.

However, it's important to note that Torres is under contract at Camp Nou until June 2027, and he has made it abundantly clear that he has no intentions of leaving Barcelona under any circumstances this summer.
"I'm going to stay at Barca, no doubts. I will stay, I've a contract - no plans to leave at all. I think I'm qualified to play for Barca. What is said about me doesn't matter to me," Torres told reporters.

Torres is currently with the Barcelona squad in the United States, and during Wednesday's match against Arsenal in Los Angeles, he managed to score a goal despite their 5-3 loss.

Notably, Robert Lewandowski and Raphinha also contributed with goals for the Catalan team. This match marked Barcelona's first appearance this summer, as their scheduled game against Juventus was canceled due to an illness within their camp.

"Regardless of the result, my conclusions from this match are positive," Barcelona boss Xavi told reporters following the loss. "We were weak in defence today. They've already played more games. This is our first one. We saw positive signs against a more prepared opponent.

"Arsenal deserved the win. Speed and fitness were the main difference. With the ball we were good, but we were bad in defence."

Nevertheless, Xavi expressed his dissatisfaction with the "intensity" displayed by Arsenal during the pre-season clash, stating that there were "too many fouls for a friendly."

"The intensity that Arsenal put was not normal. Too many fouls for a friendly," he added.
"I understand that everyone wants to win, but I told Arteta that it looked like a Champions League match. The intensity that they put was too high."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back