EuroLeague ends investigation on alleged bribery attempt in EuroCup final (1 Viewer)

Jimekalmiya

Local time
Tomorrow 3:07 AM
Credits
image-387921-any800x800.jpg
Following Ukrainian referee Mykola Ambrosov's allegations of an attempted bribe during the EuroCup final in 2021, the EuroLeague disclosed on August 3, 2023, that an internal investigation would be initiated to address the matter.

Subsequently, an independent investigator conducted the internal investigation, analyzing the gathered evidence. The EuroLeague reported on Friday that, based on the investigation's findings, "there is no clear evidence that allows to establish an attempt of bribing," thus leading to the inconclusive nature of the case against the involved individuals, which has subsequently been dismissed.

Ambrosov had asserted that, just before Game 2, renowned Ukrainian referee Boris Ryzhik approached him in a "coded way," presenting a bribe of 10,000 euros to influence the outcome of the crucial match.

"He informed me that UNICS was in the final, which had a Greek coach and a Greek assistant. Ryzhik explained that Ilias Koromilas, a former EuroLeague referee, had approached him with a proposition, attempting to reach an agreement with me. If I agreed, Koromilas would directly negotiate for Kazan's victory with me."

Ambrosov decided to turn down the offer and resist the temptation of the monetary reward.

"I took no action then, and Ryzhik suggested I think about it for 24 hours. If I changed my mind and followed the plan, I was promised 10,000 euros. He even provided me with a Viber number to contact after the game. However, as we all know, Monaco won by 3 points," Ambrosov stressed.

Credit: BasketNews

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back