Tottenham Hotspur signs Lucas Bergvall on five-and-a-half-year deal (1 Viewer)

Mona Flynn

Local time
Today 7:02 PM
Credits
Lucas_Bergvall.0.jpeg
Tottenham Hotspur has officially announced the acquisition of Swedish talent Lucas Bergvall from Djurgardens IF on a five-and-a-half-year contract. The 18-year-old's signing was revealed on his birthday last Friday, solidifying his commitment to Ange Postecoglou's squad until 2029. It's reported that the Lilywhites secured Bergvall's services for approximately £8.5m.

Bergvall will continue with Djurgarden for the next five months before joining his new team on July 1st. He joins Tottenham as their third winter window signing, following Timo Werner and Radu Dragusin.

Initially, La Liga champions Barcelona were leading in the pursuit of the midfielder from Scandinavia. However, Tottenham successfully intervened and secured Bergvall's signature during the final stages of the January transfer window, thwarting Barcelona's efforts.

"It's always been my dream to play in the Premier League, the best league in the world," Bergvall said during his first interview with Tottenham's media channels.

"It's a really good club with a great manager and a really hungry and young team. They play some really good football and it's really, really fun to watch, so it's a pleasure for me to join this big club.

"It feels like it's the beginning of an era with a really great coach Ange. He's a really great man and he gives lots of young players a chance on the big stage. I am a young player and I know that, but I like to help the team.

"Growing up, football was everything with my two brothers. We grew up playing a lot of football in the backyard. My mum played in the first division and my dad also played at a pretty high level in Sweden.

"I would say I'm a box-to-box player who really likes to have the ball at my feet and take it forward into the pitch. It's time for me to move onto the biggest stage and I'm really looking forward to it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back