Matthijs de Ligt's Nears Potential Move to Manchester United This Summer (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 1:41 AM
Credits
c

Honorary Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has acknowledged that Manchester United target Matthijs de Ligt might leave this summer.

Manchester United has already bolstered their defense by signing 18-year-old centre-back Leny Yoro, paying an initial €62 million (£52.2 million) for the Frenchman, who had been linked with Real Madrid.

Despite securing Yoro, the 20-time English champions are looking to sign at least one more centre-back this summer. The departures of Raphael Varane and Willy Kambwala, along with the likely exit of Victor Lindelof, have left gaps in the squad.

De Ligt has emerged as a top target for Manchester United, who are eager to reunite him with his former Ajax manager, Erik ten Hag. Ten Hag recently confirmed the club's interest in signing the Netherlands international.

Bayern's honorary president Uli Hoeness has now addressed De Ligt's potential departure, admitting the defender could leave Allianz Arena this summer. "It is possible that a defender will still leave," Hoeness told Sky Sports Germany. "De Ligt is Dutch, the coach at Man United is Dutch. I would have no problem if he stays. Personally, I would not sell (Dayot) Upamecano."

De Ligt is reportedly keen on a move to Old Trafford and has already agreed to personal terms with the Premier League club. However, Manchester United has yet to reach an agreement with Bayern over the transfer fee. It is believed that the Red Devils are focusing on selling players before making another defensive signing.

De Ligt, who is under contract with Bayern until June 2027, has made 73 competitive appearances since joining the club in the summer of 2022. Having previously played for Ajax and Juventus, a move to Manchester United would allow De Ligt to compete in a fourth different European league.

If Man United successfully pulls this deal through, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't challenge for the title this season

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back