Mason Greenwood Scores Again as Marseille Draw With Reims (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 12:15 AM
Credits
88922339-0-image-a-19_1724625383009.jpg

Mason Greenwood came to the rescue for Marseille, scoring his third Ligue 1 goal of the season to secure a 2-2 draw against Reims at the Vélodrome on Sunday.

Marseille started strong, taking an early lead through Amine Harit, but their defense couldn't hold up as Reims responded with goals from Yaya Kader Fofana and Sergio Akieme, putting them ahead.

Greenwood, who had already made headlines with a brace in his Marseille debut during a 5-1 win over Brest, once again showed his value. His late equalizer salvaged a point for the team.

The former Manchester United forward's move to Marseille this summer was surrounded by controversy, and reports suggest he may soon switch his international allegiance from England to Jamaica.

Remarkably, Greenwood is the first Marseille player since Dimitri Payet in 2013 to score three goals in the first two games of the season. Despite this achievement, Marseille manager Roberto De Zerbi was not entirely satisfied with the result. "I'm disappointed and annoyed. I would have liked to have won this first game at the Vélodrome. I feel a huge responsibility with these fans," De Zerbi shared with DAZN after the match.

Elsewhere in Ligue 1, Strasbourg claimed their first victory of the season with an energetic 3-1 win over Rennes. Andrey Santos and Emanuel Emegha put Strasbourg ahead, and despite Ludovic Blas pulling one back for Rennes, a late own-goal by Christopher Wooh secured the win for Strasbourg.

Nantes finally ended a 10-game home winless streak by defeating newly promoted Auxerre 2-0, with Moses Simon opening the scoring and Bahereba Guirassy adding a second in stoppage time. Meanwhile, Lens beat Brest 2-0, while Nice and Toulouse settled for a 1-1 draw on a pitch affected by a fungal infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)
Back