Martin Zubimendi explains why he rejected Liverpool (2 Viewers)

PenalDo

Local time
Today 8:15 PM
Credits
01j4w066r9kg2s1rhgcs.jpg
Spain midfielder Martin Zubimendi recently shared that Real Sociedad is "his life" when asked why he chose to stay with the club instead of leaving during this summer's transfer window.

The 25-year-old was heavily linked to several top clubs, including Barcelona, Manchester United, and Arsenal. However, Liverpool showed the most serious interest late in the window, reportedly making Zubimendi their top target for a defensive midfield role.

Liverpool is said to have activated the £51 million release clause in his contract, but Zubimendi decided to stay with Real Sociedad, rejecting the chance to join the English club.

While there were rumors that his family and friends encouraged him to remain with La Real, Zubimendi emphasized that the decision was ultimately his own.

"No, no, my friends are clear that whatever I decide [for my future] will be the best," Zubimendi told Marca when asked about potential outside influences. "There is no pressure whatsoever.

"Real Sociedad for me is my life, I think I have spent half my life there. A lot of what I am is part of la Real, it is my life.

"[Our goal to qualify for] Europe is clear. The higher the position, the better. We have to look for our best version and, above all, compete. To feel competitive, to be recognised and to be seen with personality."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)
Back