Martin Braithwaite Eyes Majority Stake in Espanyol Following Departure (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
Credits
resize
Martin Braithwaite is reportedly considering a bid to become Espanyol's majority shareholder, just weeks after leaving the club.

The former Barcelona striker ended his contract at the RCDE Stadium last month, concluding his two-year stint. During his time there, he played a crucial role in Espanyol's immediate return to LaLiga by scoring 18 goals in the Segunda Division play-offs, making him the top scorer in the second-tier league.

However, the Denmark international decided to take on a new challenge outside of Europe by joining the Brazilian team Gremio after activating his contract release clause with LaLiga.

After Espanyol's promotion, Braithwaite expressed feeling disrespected by the club's leadership, who had previously blocked his move to a first division team. This decision led to his exclusion from Denmark's Euro 2024 squad.

He stated, "A year ago, the club made me a renewal offer, but it was disrespectful. Let’s see if they want me to stay here because the offer they made a year ago showed that they don’t believe in me."

Ultimately, Braithwaite chose not to continue with Espanyol, but his connection to the club might not be over. According to Marca, he is considering buying shares in the Parakeets to gain a controlling stake in Espanyol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back