Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne 'prefers MLS move over Saudi Pro League' (1 Viewer)

TheGOAT🐐

Local time
Today 11:21 PM
Credits
New-Zealand
SEI192462413.jpg
Kevin De Bruyne might be eyeing a move to Major League Soccer rather than Saudi Arabia if he decides to leave Manchester City soon. He's been with City for a long time, becoming a legend during his eight-and-a-half years at the Etihad Stadium.

De Bruyne, known as one of the top midfielders globally, has made quite an impact at City, scoring 98 goals and providing 161 assists in 367 appearances across all competitions. He's also bagged 14 trophies, including five Premier League titles and a Champions League.

Though he's recovered from a hamstring injury, De Bruyne's future at City seems uncertain with his contract expiring in 2025. Reports suggest he was offered a lucrative deal to join the Saudi Pro League but turned it down, possibly due to personal reasons.

Despite ongoing interest from Saudi Arabia, De Bruyne and his family seem more inclined towards a move to MLS. It's a destination he's apparently considered for his career's later stages, offering a better fit for him and his family compared to Saudi Arabia.

De Bruyne, who will be 34 when his contract ends, had envisioned signing another deal with City before retiring around 35. However, talks haven't begun yet. City generally hesitates to offer long-term contracts to players in their mid-thirties, as seen with former captain Ilkay Gundogan.

City isn't pressured to sell their star players, including De Bruyne, especially with their recent profitable sales from the academy. However, they might entertain offers for De Bruyne if they match or exceed their valuation, reportedly around £90m.

Guardiola commented recently on De Bruyne's future but didn't give away much.
"It's a question for him, I'd love him to stay but I don't know.

"I heard some links but I don't know if there's an offer, I don't know if Saudi Arabia wants him. I would love him to stay until the end of his career, but everyone is everyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back