Liverpool Receives Tempting Bid For Fabio Carvalho (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
Credits
United-States
1420580885.0.jpg
According to reports, an unidentified foreign club has expressed interest in securing the services of Fabio Carvalho, the Liverpool forward, on a permanent basis. Carvalho, who joined Liverpool from Fulham last summer, gained recognition after an impressive performance in the 2021-22 Championship season, contributing to 18 goals and assisting in the Cottagers' return to the Premier League.

Liverpool acquired Carvalho for a modest fee of £5.1 million, and initially, the 20-year-old Portuguese Under-21 international made a positive impact, scoring in consecutive matches against Bournemouth and Newcastle United in August. However, Carvalho's fortunes have taken a downturn since then. He has played only eight minutes of Premier League football following the World Cup, most recently making a six-minute appearance as a substitute in Liverpool's 3-0 victory over Leicester City on May 15.

Carvalho's playing time has been limited due to the arrival of Cody Gakpo and the return to fitness of Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota. In his debut season, he scored three goals in 22 matches across all competitions, including a goal against Manchester City in the EFL Cup loss in December. While Carvalho is contracted to Jurgen Klopp's team for another four years, a foreign club has approached Liverpool regarding a potential permanent transfer, although details such as the club's location and the offered amount remain undisclosed.

Although several Premier League clubs are reportedly interested in securing Carvalho on a loan deal, the young Portuguese player has not accepted any offers, emphasizing that the sporting project will be a crucial factor in determining his next career move. Klopp, who is aware of Carvalho's intentions, mentioned the possibility of a loan deal for the 2023-24 season but dismissed the idea of a permanent departure, as stated before Liverpool's final-day clash with Southampton. As of now, neither Liverpool nor Carvalho have made a decision regarding the player's future, and internal discussions are ongoing.

"I forgot Fabio Carvalho when I spoke about the young players [before]... I think now just because there is a possibility that maybe Fabio will go on loan, or whatever," Klopp told reporters
"We will see that. The thing is, this was not Fabio's best year in his career, clear, in a young career, but it might've been his most important. No player has impressed me more than Fabio. That's the truth, because this very talented boy came here with big dreams and big expectations.
"It was OK in the beginning, but it didn't work out in the end. His work ethic will give him a fantastic career because he trained getting nothing, and for a player you have only one present each week: you line me up, if you don't do that, take me in the squad.

"It's my only chance to satisfy a player. If I don't do that, it's about the player and how he reacts and his reactions in a row never saw before. Unbelievable. I'm not sure if he goes on loan, or whatever, if we keep him, we will see that."

On Sunday, at St Mary's, Fabio Carvalho was once again left on the bench as an unused substitute, marking the 18th time in the 2022-23 Premier League season. Liverpool concluded their eventful campaign with a captivating 4-4 draw against Southampton, who will be competing in the Championship next season.

As the summer approaches, Liverpool has already confirmed the departures of Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on free transfers. Additionally, Arthur, who was on loan from Juventus, will be returning to his parent club without making a single appearance in the Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back