Jermaine Jenas Expresses Deep Regret After BBC Dismissal Over Inappropriate Messages (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 12:24 AM
Credits
DF-TALKSPORT-JENAS_96b262.jpg

English Pundit and ex-Footballer, Jermaine Jenas has expressed deep regret and shame after being dismissed from his role as a BBC presenter, admitting that he "let everybody down" by sending "inappropriate messages" to two colleagues from The One Show.

Although he insists that his actions were not illegal and involved "two consenting adults," he acknowledges that the messages were a "huge error of judgment."

The BBC terminated Jenas's contract following the allegations, though the corporation has not provided further details. In an emotional interview with The Sun, Jenas, who is married with four children, admitted that he "fell below the standards" expected of him and is now undergoing therapy. He confessed to feeling deeply ashamed, stating, "I’ve let everybody down my colleagues, my friends, and most importantly, my family."

The issue was brought to the BBC's attention a few weeks ago, leading to his dismissal, which was confirmed during a video call while he was on a family holiday. Jenas clarified that "nothing physical ever happened" but said he views his actions as a form of "cheating."

The former Match of the Day host also denied sending any explicit images or videos. He has since apologized to everyone involved, particularly the women he messaged, expressing remorse for what he put them through.

As the news of his BBC dismissal broke, Jenas was working on talkSport Drive, where he declined to discuss the reasons for his termination, citing ongoing legal discussions. His profile has since been removed from his agent's website, and talkSport announced that Jenas will not be broadcasting with them in the immediate future.

Jenas, who earned between £190,000 and £194,999 last year for his work with the BBC, also has roles with TNT Sports and Formula E. While TNT has yet to comment on his future with the network, a Formula E spokesperson indicated that Jenas’s participation in the next season’s presenting line-up will be carefully considered in light of the situation.

His agency, M&C Saatchi, no longer represents him, and his profile has been removed from their website.

DF-TALKSPORT-JENAS_96b262.jpg

English Pundit and ex-Footballer, Jermaine Jenas has expressed deep regret and shame after being dismissed from his role as a BBC presenter, admitting that he "let everybody down" by sending "inappropriate messages" to two colleagues from The One Show.

Although he insists that his actions were not illegal and involved "two consenting adults," he acknowledges that the messages were a "huge error of judgment."

The BBC terminated Jenas's contract following the allegations, though the corporation has not provided further details. In an emotional interview with The Sun, Jenas, who is married with four children, admitted that he "fell below the standards" expected of him and is now undergoing therapy. He confessed to feeling deeply ashamed, stating, "I’ve let everybody down my colleagues, my friends, and most importantly, my family."

The issue was brought to the BBC's attention a few weeks ago, leading to his dismissal, which was confirmed during a video call while he was on a family holiday. Jenas clarified that "nothing physical ever happened" but said he views his actions as a form of "cheating."

The former Match of the Day host also denied sending any explicit images or videos. He has since apologized to everyone involved, particularly the women he messaged, expressing remorse for what he put them through.

As the news of his BBC dismissal broke, Jenas was working on talkSport Drive, where he declined to discuss the reasons for his termination, citing ongoing legal discussions. His profile has since been removed from his agent's website, and talkSport announced that Jenas will not be broadcasting with them in the immediate future.

Jenas, who earned between £190,000 and £194,999 last year for his work with the BBC, also has roles with TNT Sports and Formula E. While TNT has yet to comment on his future with the network, a Formula E spokesperson indicated that Jenas’s participation in the next season’s presenting line-up will be carefully considered in light of the situation.

His agency, M&C Saatchi, no longer represents him, and his profile has been removed from their website.
He allowed his "third leg" do the thinking for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)
Back