Jerian Grant reportedly agrees contract extension with Panathinaikos (1 Viewer)

Callercoded

Local time
Today 10:31 AM
Credits
usa_today_14719180.0.jpg
Jerian Grant has played a crucial role for Panathinaikos AKTOR Athens this season, serving as one of the team's key players. The 31-year-old guard has been consistently contributing with an average of 8.6 points, 2.1 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.8 steals, and a 10.9 Performance Index Rating (PIR) across 16 EuroLeague games for the Greens.

In mid-November, PAO owner Dimitris Giannakopoulos took the initiative to address and provide insights into the potential future developments concerning Grant's contractual status.

"I hope you understand that you'll be a resident of OAKA for many years to come," the Greek businessman wrote in an Instagram story that was intended for Grant.
"I hope so, I really hope so," Grant reacted to Giannakopoulos' intentions talking to BasketNews after the win over Valencia Basket on November 23.

"I like it here. The team's going up right now, so who knows? It's been great, especially now that we're winning. The fans, the atmosphere, and Athens itself is a place where a lot of people want to be.

I hope I can stay with Panathinaikos long-term. It's up to the owner, Mr. Giannakopoulos."

As revealed on SDNA's program 'Magic EuroLeague,' it appears that Panathinaikos AKTOR and Jerian Grant have reached an agreement that secures the former NBA player's stay in the Greek capital until the summer of 2026, with a substantial salary increase. In fact, Grant is set to experience a notable pay raise even for the current season.

The report indicates that all aspects of the deal are settled, and the only remaining steps are the formal signing of the agreement and the official announcement for it to be officially implemented.

Source: BasketNews

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back