Ipswich Sign Championship Top Scorer Szmodics and England Midfielder Phillips (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 10:35 AM
Credits
fe87f140-5bcd-11ef-8f0f-0577398c3339.png

Ipswich Town have completed two major signings on the eve of their Premier League return, capturing Sammie Szmodics from Blackburn Rovers and Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City.

Szmodics, last season's top scorer in the Championship with 27 goals, joins Ipswich on a four-year deal for a fee of £9m plus add-ons.
England midfielder Phillips, 28, joins on a season-long loan deal.

Szmodics, a Republic of Ireland international, said: "Playing in the Premier League is every boy's dream. I've always believed I'd reach the top."

Phillips joins Ipswich after struggling to break into Manchester City's starting lineup since his £45m move from Leeds United two years ago. A loan spell at West Ham last season failed to secure an England spot for Euro 2024 due to poor form and injury.

Phillips said: "I'm thrilled to be here. I want to play regularly, enjoy my football, and help Ipswich win as many Premier League games as possible."
Manager Kieran McKenna added: "Kalvin is a high-calibre, experienced midfielder with a strong background in club and international football

Ipswich return to the top flight after a 22-year absence, hosting Liverpool on Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back