Giorgio Chiellini reacts on why he fouled Bukayo Saka at the Euro 2020 Finals (1 Viewer)

PeterPan

Legend
Local time
Today 7:34 AM
Credits
South-Africa
images
Former Juventus and Italian international center back, Giorgio Chiellini has finally opened up on the tactical foul he had to commit against Bukayo Saka in the EURO 2020 final where hosts England lost to the Italians on home soil via penalty shootouts 👇

"I did a mistake reading the bounce of the ball. Saka was too smart and passed through me. I didn't really realise how.

First thing I have to do is pull him. Something that for me is normal. Yellow card is better than conceding a transition.

It was not beautiful to watch for sure, but it's something I learned in my career that you have to be effective and not beautiful.

I never was beautiful with the ball, without the ball, and also out of the field (points to face)."

Chiellini's tactical foul on Saka earned him a yellow card, and denied England a possible goal scoring opportunity, stretching the game into extra time and penalty shootout, where Donnaruma emerged hero for the Italians, whereas Bukayo Saka was the villain for the Three lions as his failure to convert his kick ensured England's wait for a major trophy continued.

If you were in Chiellini's place, would you do the same⁉️🙂 let's hear your thoughts 👇

images
Former Juventus and Italian international center back, Giorgio Chiellini has finally opened up on the tactical foul he had to commit against Bukayo Saka in the EURO 2020 final where hosts England lost to the Italians on home soil via penalty shootouts 👇

Chiellini's tactical foul on Saka earned him a yellow card, and denied England a possible goal scoring opportunity, stretching the game into extra time and penalty shootout, where Donnaruma emerged hero for the Italians, whereas Bukayo Saka was the villain for the Three lions as his failure to convert his kick ensured England's wait for a major trophy continued.

If you were in Chiellini's place, would you do the same⁉️🙂 let's hear your thoughts 👇
I'd definitely do the same thing. He took one for the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back