Francis Ngannou Promises to 'Test' Anthony Joshua's Chin During Press Conference (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 1:09 PM
Credits
United-States
2024-01-15T180942Z_507112099_UP1EK1F1EG4LA_RTRMADP_3_BOXING-HEAVYWEIGHT-JOSHUA-NGANNOU-1705393605.jpg
Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou faced off at a press conference on Monday to announce their upcoming 'Knockout Chaos' fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on March 8.

The atmosphere was generally respectful, but things took an awkward turn when presenter Josh Denzel brought up Ngannou's recent comments questioning Joshua's ability to take a punch. Joshua maintained a focused gaze on Ngannou during the exchange.

“If AJ takes the punch that Fury took, I don’t guarantee that he’s standing up,” the Cameroonian KO artist said on The MMA Hour.

“I’ve heard that he doesn’t have a chin. I’m going to find out.”

After experiencing multiple knockdowns and a stoppage in his first career loss to Andy Ruiz in 2019, Joshua has adopted a cautious strategy, prioritizing safety in his approach.

When questioned about his ability to withstand punches by his upcoming opponent, Joshua gave a stern look and, after some initial evasion, reiterated his stance on punch resistance.

“I’m going to fight him, so what do you think I’m going to do? Look for his chin,” Ngannou said when he was reminded of his previous comments in front of Joshua.

“I mean, that’s what happens in a fight. In a fight, you try to hit somebody in the chin or wherever you can hit him, right?

“Yes, I heard that he doesn’t have a chin. I don’t know if it’s true or not. We are going to find out. I hope I get the opportunity to test that out.
"That’s my wish, that’s what I’m wishing for.”

Ignoring Ngannou's comment, Joshua remained composed and focused. His primary goal is securing another world title, including the newly revealed undisputed championship belt presented by the Chairman of the General Authority for Entertainment, His Excellency Turki Alalshikh, during the press conference.

There is anticipation that the winner between Joshua and Ngannou will proceed to face the victor of Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk for the ultimate heavyweight title later this year.

2024-01-15T180942Z_507112099_UP1EK1F1EG4LA_RTRMADP_3_BOXING-HEAVYWEIGHT-JOSHUA-NGANNOU-1705393605.jpg
Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou faced off at a press conference on Monday to announce their upcoming 'Knockout Chaos' fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on March 8.

The atmosphere was generally respectful, but things took an awkward turn when presenter Josh Denzel brought up Ngannou's recent comments questioning Joshua's ability to take a punch. Joshua maintained a focused gaze on Ngannou during the exchange.

After experiencing multiple knockdowns and a stoppage in his first career loss to Andy Ruiz in 2019, Joshua has adopted a cautious strategy, prioritizing safety in his approach.

When questioned about his ability to withstand punches by his upcoming opponent, Joshua gave a stern look and, after some initial evasion, reiterated his stance on punch resistance.

Ignoring Ngannou's comment, Joshua remained composed and focused. His primary goal is securing another world title, including the newly revealed undisputed championship belt presented by the Chairman of the General Authority for Entertainment, His Excellency Turki Alalshikh, during the press conference.

There is anticipation that the winner between Joshua and Ngannou will proceed to face the victor of Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk for the ultimate heavyweight title later this year.
Talk is cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back