Deiveson Figueiredo Changes Managers ahead of clash with Dominick Cruz at UFC 294 (1 Viewer)

1022549012.0.jpg
Deiveson Figueiredo, the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight champion, is determinedly advancing in his career and making strategic moves.

Figueiredo (21-3-1) recently discussed his future plans and the adjustments he intends to make after his anticipated move to the bantamweight division. In an interview with Sherdog, the former flyweight titleholder revealed his decision to undergo significant changes in his professional life, including finding a new manager and switching training camps.

In 2022, Figueiredo parted ways with Wallid Ismail, his previous manager, and his collaboration with Urijah Faber did not unfold as expected. Figueiredo cited the language barrier as a contributing factor in the less-than-ideal outcome of their partnership.

“…I don’t speak English, [and] I was having a hard time communicating with Urijah Faber, so I decided to start to work with Alex Davis,” Figueiredo told Sherdog. “Urijah Faber is a great person and friend, and he totally understood my point.”

After a failed matchup with Manel Kape at flyweight, Deiveson Figueiredo has now made the decision to move up in weight. Although the fight hasn't been officially confirmed with signed contracts from both sides, the 35-year-old is anticipating a clash against Dominick Cruz in October. The plan is for Figueiredo's bantamweight debut to take place at UFC 294, scheduled to be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back