Declan Rice believes England are ready to win EURO 2024 (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Legend
Local time
Today 6:21 PM
Credits
1697667055630_d5b6f4a0-989d-4b70-aa5f-d0f428e263a3.jpg
Declan Rice is confident that England can win Euro 2024, insisting there can be "no excuses" for the Three Lions as they pursue their first European Championship title. Gareth Southgate's team is seen as one of the favorites to win the tournament, alongside France, with Germany and Portugal also expected to be strong contenders.

England will kick off their Group C campaign against Serbia on Sunday evening, followed by matches against Denmark and Slovenia in their final two group-stage fixtures in Germany.

Rice, coming off an outstanding first season with Arsenal, is set to be a crucial player for England this summer. The former Chelsea youngster has expressed optimism about his team's chances of success.

"I think the team has got more experience. The squad level is stronger. [It used to be] Man United and Chelsea winning every season, whereas now you've got the Liverpools, the [Manchester] Citys, the Arsenals. [That more of England's players now know what it's like to win] puts us in good stead," he told the London Evening Standard.

"We know what we've got to do to win. We've got no excuses. The Euros are the last thing now that can really help me get over the hurt. Seeing Italy lift that cup in front of us last time: that feeling's still in our belly. We want to get that now.

"Putting on that shirt before a major tournament again: that is such a good feeling. I feel like we're ready. I'm ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)
Back