Dana White Promises to Host ‘Biggest Live Combat Sports Event’ at Las Vegas Sphere (1 Viewer)

mar-25-2023-san-antonio-texas-usa-ufc-president.jpg
Dana White, the CEO of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), attended the debut of the Las Vegas Sphere over the weekend, where the Irish rock band U2 performed in concerts. White was so impressed with every aspect of the Sphere that he has now become, by his own admission, "obsessed" with the idea of hosting a UFC event at this remarkable venue.

He has been actively engaging with relevant parties as he envisions creating what he describes as the "greatest live combat sports event anyone has ever seen."

What's intriguing is that White envisions this event taking place on Mexican Independence Day in September 2024, making it the inaugural live sports event at the venue. White, at 54 years old, is highly confident in his ability to deliver a groundbreaking event that will set the standard for live events at the Sphere.

Additionally, White has vehemently rejected the possibility of any boxing promotion securing the opportunity before the UFC, citing his belief that none of the other promoters have the necessary financial resources to match his vision.

“I will put on the greatest live combat sports event anybody has ever seen at the sphere in September for Mexican Independence Day. I fuc*ing guarantee it. I’m so in on this, it’s not even funny,”
The 54-year-old said, “If the Sphere is smart, they don’t let anybody go in there until we go in there to do a live event. The first live transmission from there should be us. And that’s why in September, because obviously I want it for Independence Day right, but it’ll take that long for us to really work this thing out. Plus, the other thing is you know I will spend the money to make it right. Boxing’s going to f*ck around them on the tickets…

They don’t have the money to do it. None of those bums got the money to do it; I’ll do it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back