Bruno Fernandes 'wants improved contract' to stay at Manchester United' (1 Viewer)

Mambo

Local time
Today 11:00 AM
Credits
bruno-fernandes-manchester-united-2024-1713039540-134196.jpg
Bruno Fernandes is reportedly pushing for a new and improved contract at Manchester United to secure his long-term future at the club. The Portuguese midfielder has been in stellar form for the Red Devils during the 2023-24 season, netting 15 goals and providing 12 assists in 46 appearances across all competitions.

Fernandes still has two years left on his current deal at Old Trafford, with an option for an additional 12 months. However, there's a lot of speculation about his future, with Bayern Munich and several Saudi Pro League clubs expressing interest in him.

Despite this, a recent report suggests that Manchester United has no intention of selling the 29-year-old. Fernandes has reportedly agreed to stay during a meeting with club executives. According to the Daily Star, United might need to offer Fernandes a lucrative new deal to convince him to stay. He wants to be among the highest-paid players at the club, a list that currently includes Marcus Rashford, Raphael Varane, and Casemiro.

With Varane set to leave on a free transfer at the end of June and Casemiro heavily linked with a summer move, United may need to reassess their wage structure. Fernandes is expected to discuss a potential new deal with the club at the end of the season, before heading to Germany for Euro 2024.

Fernandes made his return from injury against Newcastle United on Wednesday, playing a crucial role in their 3-2 victory. After the match, he emphasized his commitment to Manchester United, stating that he will stay as long as the club wants him.

"I will be here until when the club wants me and the club wants me to be a part of the future," he told Sky Sports News. "If for some reason they don't want me, then I will go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back