Curtis Blaydes Reveals Why He Pulled Out of UFC Sao Paulo Headliner (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by lexyarnold7 to join our community. Please click here to register.
w640xh480_GettyImages-1342577520.jpg
Curtis Blaydes, a top contender in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight division with a record of 17 wins and 4 losses, recently made the decision to withdraw from his upcoming fight against Jailton Almeida, who holds a record of 19 wins and 2 losses. The fight was scheduled to take place on November 4th as the main event in UFC Sao Paulo, marking the promotion's return to the Brazilian city after a four-year hiatus.

However, Blaydes had to step back from the match and was replaced by the formidable knockout artist Derrick Lewis, who boasts a record of 27 wins and 11 losses. The reason for Blaydes' withdrawal has not been publicly disclosed.

Blaydes took to Facebook to share a statement, expressing his regret and offering an apology to his fans. He revealed that he is grappling with multiple injuries sustained during his training camp, necessitating a significant period of rehabilitation. Recognizing the need for recovery, Blaydes has decided to take a break from training to focus solely on healing and recuperation.

“Injuries from camp weren’t healing at a fast enough pace for me to compete at the level required to be the best version of myself Nov. 4,” the 32-year-old wrote. “There’s a difference between being hurt and injured took me almost 3 months to see the difference. I’m going to take some time off from training and focus on rehabbing so I can come back fully confident in my athletic abilities. Apologies to everyone who was hyped up for this fight. I promise this decision wasn’t made in haste.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back