Wolfsburg Wants €30m For Liverpool And Tottenham Target (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 4:51 AM
Credits
United-States
GettyImages-1246849256-1.jpg
According to reports, Wolfsburg has set a valuation of €30m (£26m) on center-back Micky van de Ven, who has garnered interest from Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

After a challenging debut season plagued by injuries, where he made only five appearances, Van de Ven had a breakthrough year with Wolfsburg last season, establishing himself as a regular starter.

The 22-year-old featured in 36 games across various competitions, primarily playing at center-back but also filling in at left-back. Despite having four years remaining on his contract with Wolfsburg, speculation surrounding Van de Ven's future has emerged recently, with both Liverpool and Spurs expressing interest in the Dutchman.

Jurgen Klopp is reportedly considering defensive adjustments for the upcoming 2023-24 season, given the uncertainty surrounding the long-term futures of Joel Matip, who has one year left on his contract, and Nat Phillips.

Meanwhile, Tottenham is in search of a new center-back as Clement Lenglet has returned to Barcelona after his loan spell, and there could be potential departures of Davinson Sanchez, Japhet Tanganga, and Joe Rodon from the North London club this summer.

While Wolfsburg are eager to retain Van de Ven this summer, the Evening Standard suggests that they might be tempted to sell the defender if they receive an offer of €30m (£26m).

Recently, Van de Ven represented the Netherlands in the European Under-21 Championship but suffered elimination. While on international duty, he acknowledged being aware of the rumors surrounding his club future.

In an interview with Voetbal International, as quoted by the Evening Standard, Van de Ven said:

"I have been forwarded it. I have seen it.

"[Interest] goes through my agent now. If serious things come up, he will call me."

In May, Van de Ven openly acknowledged the allure of playing for a Premier League club and did not dismiss the possibility of leaving Wolfsburg during the summer.
"I'm very good [happy] at Wolfsburg, so I don't mind staying at Wolfsburg for another year, but if I get a chance to leave I would like to," the defender told reporters.

"I read everything... I have good contact with my agent, so I know what's going on. I'll see where it will lead.

"Hopefully, [moving to a bigger club] would be nice. The Premier League, maybe, yes. Who knows?"

As of now, Liverpool's only summer acquisition is midfielder Alexis Mac Allister. In contrast, Tottenham Hotspur has secured permanent deals for Pedro Porro and Dejan Kulusevski, in addition to finalizing the signing of Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario for approximately £17.2m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back