The Undertaker Reflects on His epic 2002 Heck in a Cell Match with Brock Lesnar (2 Viewers)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 9:46 AM
Credits
United-States
950fa14ab9b530e90c97d2c7f8f643e6_crop_exact.jpg

On a recent episode of his “Six Feet Under” podcast, The Undertaker looked back on his 2002 Heck in a Cell match against Brock Lesnar at WWE’s No Mercy pay-per-view. He shared that he thinks the match doesn’t always get the recognition it deserves.

The Undertaker talked about what it was like working with Brock inside the cell, praising Brock’s incredible athleticism and explosive energy, especially considering it was Brock’s first time in such a high-pressure setting.

“Working with Brock inside a cell is interesting too. I mean, because he’s so athletic. Especially, that’s his first time in. And he was young and explosive. Didn’t — you know, he didn’t have, even then, he had good instincts, but he wasn’t nearly as polished as he was when he came back.

I mean, his wrestling IQ and acuity was so much better when he came back. But what he didn’t have then, he made up for with athleticism, raw strength and energy, and just viciousness.

He had those intangibles that it’s hard to teach people. Aggressiveness, viciousness, to be a closer, to be a killer. He had all that just instinct. I mean, it’s ingrained. It’s a natural thing, it was ingrained in him.

And to work against that character, that’s the American Badass version. But still, you had to have that. Especially in Heck in a Cell, which I had already by this time had several Heck in a Cell matches. So he had to bring it. And he did, 100%.”

The Undertaker stressed how important the match was in the history of Heck in a Cell, saying,
“It was, I think it’s underestimated, as far as when you start talking about Heck in the Cell matches. It really, it epitomizes what Heck in the Cell was created for. Two men enter, one man leaves kind of deal. And that’s exactly what happened. Heyman was out there with him. Heyman even got color in that match. Everybody got color in that match.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 1)
Back