Liverpool 'trigger £8.5m payment in Darwin Nunez transfer deal' (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by fabulous to join our community. Please click here to register.
Nunez-walks-away-752x428.jpg
Liverpool has apparently triggered an £8.5 million payment as part of the transfer deal involving Darwin Nunez from Benfica. Nunez, who spent two years with the Portuguese team, moved to Liverpool in the summer of 2022 in a club-record deal.

While the total transfer was initially reported as £85 million, Liverpool paid £64 million upfront, with the remaining £21 million designated for add-ons.

The Reds had to make an additional payment of £4.3 million to Benfica after Nunez completed 10 appearances for Liverpool. Now, as per The Mirror, another payment of £8.5 million is on the horizon, triggered by Nunez reaching his 60th appearance for Liverpool in the recent 1-1 draw against Manchester City.

Nunez, following a successful international stint where he scored three goals in two games for Uruguay, earned his seventh Premier League start of the season in the match.

Despite not finding the net in the crucial clash, with Trent Alexander-Arnold scoring an 80th-minute equalizer against Erling Haaland's opener, Nunez's contribution led to the additional payment.

The forward, substituted in the 85th minute, was involved in a heated exchange with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola after the game at the Etihad Stadium. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp had to intervene, and when asked about Nunez's reaction, Klopp was questioned whether it was influenced by the rivalry between the two clubs.

"That is nothing to do with the fierce rivalry," Klopp told reporters: "You see that on the pitch. This situation on the pitch is nothing to do with the historic rivalry.
"I think Darwin Nunez knows nothing about that. It's just emotions. I am not sure I am the one to explain it. I am not involved - surprisingly.

"I love them both so I just tried to calm it down, without understanding a word. Pep wants to win, we want to win."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back