Didier Drogba Narrates The Story Behind Chelsea's 2012 UCL Win (1 Viewer)

BoyGeorge

Legend
Local time
Today 1:36 AM
Credits
Australia
Didier Drogba UCL win

Former Chelsea and Ivory Coast legend, Didier Drogba who is fondly remembered for scoring the decisive penalty in Chelsea's historic first champions league win narrates how it all went down, the motivation and the desire to win against all odds👇👇

The manager had been sacked by the club and we, the players, had a team meeting where we recognised being partly responsible for his departure.

The captain John Terry spoke, Frank Lampard, Petr Cech and other leaders in the group too. We decided to all give this competition everything, despite our defeat 4-1 against Napoli. We had been chasing this trophy for 8 years and couldn't do better than runner up.

Everyone agreed to put egos aside and challenge each over for the same goal. After that meeting I asked a young 23 year old Juan Mata: 'please maestro, help me win the Champions League.'

He looked at me like: 'man you're Nuts, you're Didier Drogba you are gonna help me win it.' I then told him I've been here for 8 years and never won it. So I believe you're the one who's gonna help us win. I'll even give you a present if we win it, that was end of February.

Three months later, we were in Munich, in the final, in their stadium, submerged with a red wave.

The hosts took the lead with 8 minutes to go and on my way to kick the ball for the last 8 minutes I was so discouraged, the young man [Mata] said to me: "believe Didi, you have to believe!" Almost in tears I answered after looking at the time and score: 'believe in what? It's almost over.' Last minute, last corner, I mean first corner for us against 18 for Bayern Munich.

Guess who took that corner kick... Juan Mata! The rest is history. The lesson is ALWAYS BELIEVE !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back