Celtic Dominates Chelsea 4-1 in Pre-Season Friendly at Notre Dame Stadium (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 5:44 PM
Credits
TELEMMGLPICT000387140739_17221182130810_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf0Rf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpeg

Celtic handed Chelsea a 4-1 defeat in their pre-season friendly at Notre Dame Stadium in Indiana. The Scottish Premiership champions opened the scoring with Matt O'Riley's composed finish from Greg Taylor's pass. O'Riley then set up Kyogo Furuhashi to double the lead before halftime.

Despite Chelsea's dominance in possession and shots, Celtic's new goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel delivered a stellar performance, keeping the Premier League side at bay.

Celtic extended their lead in the 76th minute when Luis Palma took advantage of a defensive error by Robert Sanchez and Benoit Badiashile to score their third goal. Three minutes later, Palma assisted Mikey Johnston, who slipped the ball under Sanchez to make it 4-0.

Chelsea's Christopher Nkunku scored a late consolation from the penalty spot, beating Celtic's substitute goalkeeper Viljami Sinisalo. This victory follows Celtic's recent win against Manchester City, ending their US tour with another triumph over Premier League opposition.

Chelsea, still searching for their first win under new manager Enzo Maresca, drew 2-2 with League One newcomers Wrexham earlier in the week. They will face Mexican side Club America in their next friendly.

TELEMMGLPICT000387140739_17221182130810_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf0Rf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpeg

Celtic handed Chelsea a 4-1 defeat in their pre-season friendly at Notre Dame Stadium in Indiana. The Scottish Premiership champions opened the scoring with Matt O'Riley's composed finish from Greg Taylor's pass. O'Riley then set up Kyogo Furuhashi to double the lead before halftime.

Despite Chelsea's dominance in possession and shots, Celtic's new goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel delivered a stellar performance, keeping the Premier League side at bay.

Celtic extended their lead in the 76th minute when Luis Palma took advantage of a defensive error by Robert Sanchez and Benoit Badiashile to score their third goal. Three minutes later, Palma assisted Mikey Johnston, who slipped the ball under Sanchez to make it 4-0.

Chelsea's Christopher Nkunku scored a late consolation from the penalty spot, beating Celtic's substitute goalkeeper Viljami Sinisalo. This victory follows Celtic's recent win against Manchester City, ending their US tour with another triumph over Premier League opposition.

Chelsea, still searching for their first win under new manager Enzo Maresca, drew 2-2 with League One newcomers Wrexham earlier in the week. They will face Mexican side Club America in their next friendly.
Still early days, let's give Enzo some time to work his magic

I know these are technically "friendlies" but should this give Chelsea cause for concern with the EPL looming? I mean 4-1 is not a good look in my opinion.
Truth is, the Chelsea manager job can be likened to a poison chalice. Maresca knew what he signed up for. He needs to deliver, and expectations are high.

I know these are technically "friendlies" but should this give Chelsea cause for concern with the EPL looming? I mean 4-1 is not a good look in my opinion.
You've made a valid point. The problem is, Chelsea signed too many average players, the current crop of players are simply not good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back