Casemiro's Wife Hits Back at Criticism After Liverpool Defeat (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 8:34 PM
Credits
GOAL%20-%20Multiple%20Images%20-%202%20Split%20-%20Facebook%20-%202024-09-02T070600.378.png

Manchester United's 3-0 loss to Liverpool at home was a tough pill to swallow, especially for Brazilian midfielder Casemiro. Substituted at halftime, he faced criticism from pundits, with rumors swirling that he even left Old Trafford during the break rumors that United's manager, Erik ten Hag, quickly dismissed.

Coming to her husband's defense, Casemiro's wife, Anna Mariana, reminded everyone of his remarkable achievements. She shared a picture on Instagram of his impressive trophy collection, highlighting his five Champions League titles, three La Liga championships with Real Madrid, and most recently, the FA Cup with Manchester United. Alongside a photo of Casemiro celebrating with his teammates, she wrote, "Always strong Casemiro, the biggest" with a flaming heart emoji.

During Sunday's game, Casemiro made two mistakes in the first half, both of which contributed to Liverpool's comfortable victory. Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher commented on Sky Sports, saying, "It is a sad sight seeing what he's going through out there." Former Manchester United full-back Gary Neville added, "I have to say he's lost his confidence a little bit."

Casemiro was replaced at halftime by 20-year-old Toby Collyer, who made his debut for United. Ten Hag explained the decision by saying, "We had to take risks because we want to bounce back, and you need players in midfield to cover ground. That’s why we put Toby Collyer on the pitch."

Despite the tough game, Ten Hag expressed confidence in Casemiro, stating, "In football, everyone has to take responsibility. I'm sure he is a great character and has won everything in his career that you can imagine. I am confident he will continue contributing to our team, and Casemiro is always a winner, so he will be back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)
Back