Aaron Wan-Bissaka Joins West Ham in £15 Million Move from Manchester United (3 Viewers)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 9:07 PM
Credits
0_AWB.jpg
West Ham United have completed the signing of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Manchester United for £15 million. The 26-year-old defender has committed to a seven-year contract with the Hammers, marking a significant move in his career.

Wan-Bissaka initially left Crystal Palace in 2019 for a hefty £50 million transfer to Manchester United, where he made 190 appearances and scored two goals. His time with the Red Devils saw him become a key player, but his role diminished after Erik ten Hag took over as manager in 2022.

Wan-Bissaka is the latest addition to West Ham’s summer signings, joining the likes of Jean-Clair Todibo, Crysencio Summerville, Luis Guilherme, Niclas Fullkrug, Wes Foderingham, Max Kilman, and Guido Rodriguez at the London Stadium.

Expressing his excitement about the move, Wan-Bissaka said, "Joining West Ham was an easy decision for me. I'm thrilled to be here and can't wait to get on the pitch, meet the team, and push forward from there. I see a group of players who are united, driven to win, and supportive of each other, which is a great environment to be part of."

Born in London, Wan-Bissaka also shared his joy about returning to his hometown, describing it as an "amazing feeling."

Wan-Bissaka was originally signed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during his tenure as Manchester United’s manager in 2019, and he held a starting position until Solskjaer's departure in 2021. Although he saw less playtime under Ten Hag, he still made 64 appearances in the past two seasons.

This transfer opens the door for Manchester United to complete their deal for Bayern Munich full-back Noussair Mazraoui, which was dependent on Wan-Bissaka’s departure.

As the new season approaches, West Ham will kick off their 2024-25 Premier League campaign against Aston Villa on August 17, while Manchester United will face Fulham on August 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back