Michael Olise Joins Bayern Munich from Crystal Palace On a 5-Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
Credits
0_Michael-Olise.jpg

Bayern Munich has signed winger Michael Olise from Crystal Palace for around €60 million (£50 million).

The 22-year-old, born in England but a France Under-21 international, played 90 games in all competitions over three seasons with Palace. Olise, who joined Palace from Reading for £8 million in July 2021, has now signed a five-year contract with Bayern.

Earlier this summer, Chelsea and Newcastle United showed interest in Olise, but he chose to move to Germany to work under Bayern's new manager, Vincent Kompany.

"I'm very happy to now be playing for such a big club. It's a great challenge, and that's exactly what I was looking for," Olise said. "I want to prove myself at this level and help us win as many titles as possible in the coming years."

Olise scored 10 goals in 19 Premier League appearances as Palace finished 10th last season. He has been selected for the France squad for the upcoming Olympics in Paris.

"We are hugely proud of what Michael has achieved at Crystal Palace, a club where he has developed greatly as a player," said Eagles chairman Steve Parish. "We respect his desire to further test himself at the highest level of world football."

Bayern is also set to complete the signing of Fulham's Joao Palhinha in a deal worth £42 million plus £4 million in add-ons. The 28-year-old Portugal midfielder was close to joining Bayern last summer, but the deal fell through on deadline day.

Additionally, England defender Eric Dier has joined Bayern permanently after being on loan from Tottenham Hotspur since January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back