Liverpool Closely Monitoring Ruben Neves (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 4:44 PM
Credits
United-States
66592213-0-image-a-20_1673786152649.jpg
According to reports, Liverpool is said to be closely monitoring the developments surrounding Ruben Neves's future as he prepares to depart from Wolverhampton Wanderers this summer. The 26-year-old midfielder has been a key player for Wolves during the 2022-23 season, featuring in 40 matches across all competitions and contributing six goals and one assist.

With just over a year remaining on his contract at Molineux, Neves is widely expected to pursue new opportunities in the upcoming transfer market. Following a recent 1-1 draw with Everton in the Premier League, Neves expressed his desire to play Champions League football at this stage of his career.

While Barcelona has been strongly linked with the midfielder, long-term admirers Arsenal and Manchester United are also believed to hold serious interest in acquiring the Portuguese player. Additionally, Football Insider reports that Liverpool is closely monitoring Neves's situation, indicating their keenness to explore a potential move.

The report suggests that Wolves would be willing to sell Neves during the current transfer window, provided the buying club meets their valuation of £50 million.

Having joined Wolverhampton Wanderers from Porto in 2017, Neves has made 252 appearances for the club, scoring 30 goals and providing 13 assists across all competitions.

Liverpool is preparing for a midfield overhaul this summer, with James Milner, Naby Keita, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain departing Anfield on free transfers. Although Liverpool was initially interested in Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund, they ultimately withdrew their pursuit due to the high cost of the deal. Liverpool will compete in the Europa League next season, while Manchester United has secured their top-four position alongside Manchester City, Arsenal, and Newcastle United with a victory over Chelsea on Thursday.
"It's a fact we don't have Champions League, even I knew after [the Aston Villa] game, clear," Klopp told reporters on Friday. "I drew a line underneath it. I am optimistic but in that moment I couldn't see it.

"We've known for a long time it would not be a historic season. Since Dubai after the World Cup, the amount of points we've got since then was pretty good. If we could do that all season it would be a good one. This is not the season we wanted."
Liverpool will aim to bounce back and secure a victory in their final Premier League match of the season as they face Southampton away on Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back