Leon Edwards Vows To Knockout Kamaru Usman Again (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 3:02 PM
Credits
Nigeria
leon edwards vs kamaru usman 3
Leon Edwards made waves in the MMA world when he knocked out Kamaru Usman in the fifth round of their UFC 278 bout in August. Despite Usman being ahead on the scorecards, Edwards landed a devastating head kick that secured the victory for him. Usman has since been dismissive of Edwards, citing his lead in the fight before the knockout, but Edwards is quick to point out that the end result is what matters.

In a media day ahead of their upcoming rematch at UFC 286, Edwards spoke about Usman's mental state after the knockout and his own motivation for the fight. He believes Usman is struggling to regain his confidence and that being knocked out for the first time in his career will have a lasting impact. However, Edwards is not taking anything for granted and plans to go all out to knock Usman out again.

“I think when you get knocked out like that, he has to find something to clutch on to,” Edwards said during a media day ahead of UFC 286. “He needs to build the confidence back up because going into it, he thought he could never be taken down, he could never be hurt or knocked out.

“He was winning the fight, but who cares? It goes down as you getting an out-cold head shot and that’s all that matters. When it’s all said and done, winners win. Even on my worst day, my worst performance, I still knocked you out.”

The fight will take place in London, and Edwards is hoping to draw energy from the home crowd as he attempts to extend his unbeaten streak to 12 fights. His aim is to showcase his abilities and perform to the best of his abilities, as he has never lost in the UK. Despite Usman being the betting favorite, Edwards is confident in his abilities and ready to put on a great performance.

“That’s the question. He’s 36 years old, been in many tough fights … To be sparked like that does have a mental failure,” Edwards said. “I know he pretends like he doesn’t care and he’s happy he got knocked out because the pressure of [being a] champion is too hard. For me it doesn’t make any sense. We’ll see on Saturday night whether it makes a difference, but you best believe I’m going to try to knock him out again.”

“Just go out there and show out, show off. That’s my aim,” he said. “This fight is to show my abilities and just perform to the best of my abilities. I’ve never lost in the UK. I always draw energy from being around my friends, my family. It’s going to be a great performance.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back