Lampard Says This Chelsea Team Is Not Good Enough (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 8:58 PM
Credits
Nigeria
frank lampard
Following Chelsea's 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Tuesday evening, Frank Lampard has criticized his side's passiveness during the game. The Blues had lost their previous five matches and had only scored one goal during that period, making the opening 45 minutes of the game a tepid affair for the West Londoners.

Despite Noni Madueke netting a goal for Chelsea in the second half, Martin Odegaard's two smart finishes and Gabriel Jesus' third goal before the halftime whistle meant that the Blues were arguably fortunate not to concede more times. Although Chelsea improved after the break, Arsenal could have easily doubled their advantage before Madueke gave the visitors a glimmer of hope.

The defeat leaves Chelsea in 12th place in the Premier League, six points adrift of 10th-placed Fulham with just five matches remaining. Lampard admitted that Chelsea had been "too nice" to play against during the first half and spoke to Match Of The Day after the game.

"Not good enough first half, that's what confirms the result. Much better second half, but not good enough first half.

"We were too nice to play against in all aspects in the first half. In the second half we played much more like a team that has a threat up top. In the first half we were too easy to play against. It's tough because you want to win games, but it's our job, we'll work on it."

In a press conference, Lampard suggested that he felt his players were suitably motivated, telling reporters: "I motivate them and I do my job. I understand my role as an interim, in my short time here and the more I'm here, I'm becoming more practical about it with the players that do show.

"Of course, as the club moves forwards that will have to be the case all of the time. I don't care about the factors, all I care about is seeing a better first half than I saw."

Not so encouraging though, but there's always a come back if they cooperate and put more effort

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back