Jermaine Franklin wants rematch with Anthony Joshua (1 Viewer)

4252.jpg
The heavyweight division is facing criticism for an excessive number of unnecessary rematches, causing a slowdown in progress at the top level of the division. Regardless of the extent of their defeat, fighters often seek a rematch, leading to a repetitive cycle. Jermaine Franklin, an American heavyweight, is a prime example, expressing his desire for a rematch against Anthony Joshua following his loss to the British boxer at the 02 Arena earlier this year.

In an interview with Boxing Social, Franklin admitted that he wasn't mentally focused on the fight after the halfway point due to issues with the referee. However, he firmly believes that things would turn out differently if given another opportunity to face 'AJ.'
“It was a great experience and, even though he [Joshua] probably won’t agree to it, I want a rematch. Hopefully we get to the point where we can talk about a rematch.

Honestly, him and the ref beat me that night. No excuses, but I was so angry at the ref for the collar tying and the head pushing, that after the sixth or seventh round I wasn’t mentally in the fight no more.

I want a rematch, it will be a whole different fight.”

Franklin's journey towards earning another chance at a significant heavyweight bout commences this weekend in Detroit as he prepares to face undefeated Mexican heavyweight Isaac Munoz.

Known as 'The 989 Assassin,' Franklin has already faced both Joshua and Dillian Whyte within the past year. With keen interest, he will undoubtedly be observing as the two London fighters step into the ring for their highly anticipated rematch scheduled for August 12th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back