'I've Dreamed of This Day Since I Was a Kid'- Mbappe Speaks After Madrid Unveiling (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 8:43 PM
Credits
000_364A83E-747223d772e2d44044903543476c7415.jpg

Kylian Mbappe expressed that his childhood dream of joining Real Madrid had come true as he was introduced to a packed Bernabeu stadium. The 25-year-old French forward signed a five-year contract with Real Madrid in July after his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expired.

His official presentation was delayed due to France's participation in Euro 2024, where they were eliminated in the semi-finals by Spain.

Speaking to more than 80,000 fans at the Bernabeu, Mbappe shared that he had always dreamed of the moment he could call himself a Real Madrid player.

"I spent endless nights dreaming about one day playing for Real Madrid and today I am one happy guy," Mbappe said. "My family are so happy here, I can see my mum crying. It's an incredible day for me, I've dreamed of this day since I was a kid and this day means a lot to me."

Wearing the club's new home kit, Mbappe addressed the crowd in Spanish and was introduced by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.

Perez, speaking before Mbappe addressed the fans, said: "The love that you felt for Real Madrid, and you identifying with this club since your childhood, made it possible for you to be here and to overcome those obstacles on the way to your dream."

Mbappe's move to Real Madrid was a long time coming, following a failed £137 million bid for the World Cup winner three years ago.

In 2023, PSG accepted a world record bid of £259 million from Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal, but Mbappe turned it down, clearly wanting to move to Real Madrid.

Although PSG offered him a contract extension, Mbappe was initially excluded from their pre-season tour by manager Luis Enrique but was eventually brought back into the team.

Mbappe leaves PSG with an impressive record, having scored 256 goals in 308 appearances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back