Boxing Legend "Mayweather" dies of complications from Diabetes (2 Viewers)

PeterPan

Legend
Local time
Yesterday 4:41 PM
Credits
South-Africa
images
Floyd Mayweather's uncle and former trainer, Roger Mayweather, passed away Tuesday night in the United States after a long struggle with diabetes. He was 58 years old.

Roger, a former world champion with 59 victories out of 72 professional fights, played a key role in shaping Floyd Mayweather into one of boxing's greatest pound-for-pound fighters. He died in a hospital in Michigan.

Floyd Mayweather expressed his deep sadness, calling his uncle's passing a significant loss.
"My uncle was one of the most important people in my life, both inside and outside the ring," he said. "Roger meant the world to me, my father Floyd Sr., my uncle Jeff, our whole family, everyone at the Mayweather Boxing Gym, and the entire boxing community."

Roger Mayweather, nicknamed the "Black Mamba," held the WBA super featherweight and WBC super lightweight world titles. He worked with Floyd for 12 years but retired due to his health issues caused by diabetes. He ultimately lost the battle with the disease on Tuesday night.

His boxing career began in 1981 and ended in 1999 after his victory over Javier Francisco Mendez on May 8. Roger retired with nine major and minor titles in four different weight classes. May he rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)
Back