Arsenal’s Odegaard Faces Injury Ahead Of North London Derby (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 10:31 AM
Credits
89464481-0-image-a-86_1725916366994.jpg

Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard suffered an injury during Norway's Nations League clash with Austria, where Manchester City star Erling Haaland scored a late goal to secure the win.

Odegaard went down clutching his ankle after a rough challenge by Christoph Baumgartner midway through the second half, causing concern ahead of Arsenal's upcoming north London derby. The Gunners are already facing a selection headache with Declan Rice out due to suspension, and now Odegaard’s fitness is uncertain.

"It looked painful in the locker room," Norway coach Stale Solbakken told TV2. "We know it’s an ankle sprain. If we're lucky, it’s not too serious, but I doubt [Arsenal manager Mikel] Arteta will be giving me a call to thank me.”

Team doctor Ola Sand provided an update, saying, "It’s a minor ankle sprain. We’ll assess it further, maybe with ultrasound, and if there’s any doubt, an MRI scan will be done tomorrow."

The incident occurred when the match was tied 1-1 after Felix Myhre’s goal for Norway was canceled out by Austria’s Marcel Sabitzer in the first half. Just as the game seemed destined for a draw, Haaland stepped up, demonstrating his trademark power and composure to control the ball in the box and slot home a late winner.

Arsenal will be hoping for positive news on Odegaard’s injury ahead of Sunday’s derby against Tottenham. After that, they face a busy schedule, with a Champions League tie against Atalanta on 19 September, followed by a tough Premier League showdown against Manchester City on 22 September at the Etihad Stadium.

89464481-0-image-a-86_1725916366994.jpg

Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard suffered an injury during Norway's Nations League clash with Austria, where Manchester City star Erling Haaland scored a late goal to secure the win.

Odegaard went down clutching his ankle after a rough challenge by Christoph Baumgartner midway through the second half, causing concern ahead of Arsenal's upcoming north London derby. The Gunners are already facing a selection headache with Declan Rice out due to suspension, and now Odegaard’s fitness is uncertain.

"It looked painful in the locker room," Norway coach Stale Solbakken told TV2. "We know it’s an ankle sprain. If we're lucky, it’s not too serious, but I doubt [Arsenal manager Mikel] Arteta will be giving me a call to thank me.”

Team doctor Ola Sand provided an update, saying, "It’s a minor ankle sprain. We’ll assess it further, maybe with ultrasound, and if there’s any doubt, an MRI scan will be done tomorrow."

The incident occurred when the match was tied 1-1 after Felix Myhre’s goal for Norway was canceled out by Austria’s Marcel Sabitzer in the first half. Just as the game seemed destined for a draw, Haaland stepped up, demonstrating his trademark power and composure to control the ball in the box and slot home a late winner.

Arsenal will be hoping for positive news on Odegaard’s injury ahead of Sunday’s derby against Tottenham. After that, they face a busy schedule, with a Champions League tie against Atalanta on 19 September, followed by a tough Premier League showdown against Manchester City on 22 September at the Etihad Stadium.
Merino, Rice & Odegaard out, how will Arsenal survive Spurs & City?

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)
Back